Prayer Can we pray for you?
At St Aidan’s we have a strong belief in the power of prayer, and have many testimonies of its effectiveness. As a minimum, most people feel better knowing that people are praying for them. We offer personal prayer after our services and also have a group of people – the Prayer Circle – who dedicate an amount of their time each day to pray for people on a regularly updated list.
- Because Jesus did. If He did, then how much more should we be praying?
- Because it changes things. We are able to reach God and to receive His vision for our lives and for the lives of those around us.
- Because God listens to our prayers and He answers them. We can see others come to know Jesus because of our prayers.
- Because it builds relationships with God and with each other.
- Because scripture instructs us to pray.
- Because we want to see renewal in the Churches around Hull.
- Because we want to be part of revival in Hull.
- Because we must acknowledge that prayer is the foundation of all ministry. We cannot function without seeking God in every area of ministry, and our lives.
Prayer at St Aidan's
A note from the Prayer Circle Co-ordinator:
St Aidan's Church has always had a great heart for prayer, an important part of which is our Prayer Circle. This is a group of seven dedicated people who daily pray in answer to requests for prayer. These requests can be from anyone (Christian or non-Christian - we are all God's children) and are kept strictly confidential between the seven of us.
Requests can be made to Rev Mick Fryer on Tel 01482 374403 or myself, Jean, as co-ordinator on Tel 01482 223786. Alternatively, call in to St Aidan's and speak to one of us or you could leave your request in a sealed envelope at the Cafe. Please include a contact telephone number. Or you can fill in our prayer form. God Bless you all.
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful" (Col. 4:2)
From the Prayer Co-ordinator:
As members of the Prayer Team, we bring prayers before God, being open and responsive to the working of the Holy Spirit. We pray that God's love, guidance and healing power will be released for the benefit of His people and to His glory.
If you would like to receive prayer, the Prayer Ministry Team would love to pray with you. They are available after the Sunday Service and can be found on the front seats of the Church. They can be recognised by wearing a team badge.
There is a board in Church for you to pin any prayer requests on, or write your prayer in the prayer book. Please date these. They will be left up for a week and incorporated in the prayers on Thursday mornings. The Prayer Station will also include information about future prayer events.
Every morning 8.30am—9.00am, in the Quiet Room.
If you would like further information regarding any of these activities please do not hesitate to contact us.
Can we pray for you? Find out how to ask for prayer>